Thursday, December 25, 2008

Homemade Christmas


This year we did a "homemade" Christmas. Santa still came and brought presents but everything we gave to one another was homemade (although I contracted out some labor!) To Lizzy I made a crayon roll, recipe book and apron. To Sam I made a sock monkey and an ugly doll. To Phil I told the story of how my husband and I met and got engaged to my good friend Becca (who is an amazing writer) and she wrote a fictional story of us as if he were a superhero. Then I had Lizzy draw the pictures and had it made into a book. I also gave Phil a homemade certificate for a "sexcation", we are switching baby sitting with a friend and I booked a hotel for 1 night in Scottsdale. The other cool part, no one under 21 allowed in the hotel! My favorite gift was one Lizzy made me, she made a popcorn bowl out of movie tickets! Phil drew me a picture of Sam and made me a notebook to keep his love letters in. For those of you that don't know, he writes me a love letter once a week (it was his idea too, well one he got from a movie, but he acted on it ;)
Sam and Liz each made each other a t-shirt, and Liz made Phil a pen/pencil holder to bring to work. Phil wrote and illustrated a childrens book for Liz based on one of her stuffed animals. And he drew Sam a picture of him as a super hero named "Cleep Sweep". Sam has an obsession with cleaning supplies. It was a lot of fun and we spent MANY hours on one anothers gifts. Here are the photo's to go along with our Christmas...













6 comments:

Allison said...

You guys are so cute! Lend me some of that creativity.

Grapefruit said...

Looks like Santa used the same wrapping paper at your house as well as ours. His elves must shop at Target... Your Christmas looks wonderful! I love that you did so many homemade gifts. And ps...Matt doesn't know about the switch, so please don't tell. He thinks we are just going out for dinner that night and that's all. So mum's the word. Anyway, love all your pictures. I love having such a creative friend, it's inspiring!

LAURA said...

what a good idea! I love that, sexcation...m mil would faint if I wrote that on my blog!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

Luis now wants a "Sexcation"!! Haha!
I love all your Christmas pics! Everyone looks so happy!!
Liz and Sam arre so cute in their shirts!!!

SuburbiaMom said...

What a fabulous idea and gifts!

Traci said...

yo, sista - what a wonderful Christmas gift of memories!!! love you! trac