Monday, April 6, 2009

Project Book Babe

I went to Project Book Babe with my friend Amanda on Saturaday. Here's the website for those of you that don't know what that is...http://projectbookbabe.com/


I now have a hardback of New Moon signed by Stephenie Meyer

AND

A The Goose Girl signed by Shannon Hale (this book is AWESOME, if you haven't read it you should.)
I am posting a few videos for those of you that are interested. I am sorry for the video quality as it is not very good.

Shannon Hale was the Emcee. The first video is her and J.S. Lweis talking about the dress that they are going to auction off:


This next video is just after Shannon Hale had introduced the panel of authors. She had just said that they were going to begin the questions when someone whispered in her ear that she forgot to introduce Stephenie Meyer. The video picks up just after she heard this news.



This last video is part of the bidding for lunch with Stephenie Meyer.


Here is a list of the auction items and how much they sold for (I might be a few hundred off on a few of them.) Those that won had to sign a confidentiality agreement, you won't find any of this stuff on Ebay.
*Early readers edition of Twilight (looks like what you and I have, just a few differences)
-- $2,500

*Forever Dawn epiouge (what I would have bid on if I had the money) -- $5,100
(it's only 1 CHAPTER)
*Early copy of Twilight during revision process (it was all printed paper from the computer with postits from her editor) --$3,500

*Early copy of The Host during the revision process --$1,800

*The Host Skateboard, mounted -- $1,200

*Stephenie Meyer's prom dress she wore to Eclipse prom - $5,800

*Lunch with Stephenie Meyer - $13,000

Two sets of girls kept bidding each other up and finally Shannon Hale asked Stephenie is she would consent to 2 lunches, she did. The girls each got a lunch for the price of $6,500 each.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I had a BLAST I had to put a link for all my friends to see too! You Rock Becca!

Susanne said...

No way!!! You went?! I'm SO jealous! Thanks for posting video. That must've been SOME party.

McCrazys said...

How cool is this! If you ever hear of this event again let me know and I'll tag along!

MarySue said...

Wow, fun and there were some gals there with pretty deep pockets. Fun seeing you as we were exercising this morning. I love our sidewalk chats.

neffie said...

The auction prices were insane!!! But I knew they would go high, but I must admit that's higher than I thought they would go. What an amazing fundraiser. I'm so jealous that I couldn't go with you.

Thank you SO much for posting the videos.

Becca said...

That's some hefty dinero that people are shelling out! I'm sure that was AWESOME to be there! Congrats on baby #3 Becca!