Monday, January 18, 2010

The boy who lived...

With Hedwig and a Gyiffindor scarf in tow we went looking for a Harry Potter letterbox.

We started off at Professor Sprouts herbology class, trekked over the Quidditch field, and hiked through the forbidden forest. We had a BLAST!

Interested? Want to know what it is?

Okay, here's the deal, someone carves a cool stamp, then they hide it. Then they write out clues to where to find the stamp (ours is available on a website.) Then you take the fam and head out on a treasure hunt, or rather, a stamp hunt. Once you find the stamp you get to stamp the pad that's hiding with the stamp, proof that you were there. Then you stamp your own pad, and viola, you're done. It is much more fun then I am making it sound. Look it up, really, a blast, and free! We have decided to make a fairy one that we will be starting on soon, hidden, I'm sure, in some enchanted Oregon forest.

Thanks to Kim and Stephenie for sharing this on your blogs!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Glad you guys had fun! I'd love to do it again in the day time, although night was kind of mysterious. We felt like we were sneaking into the Forbidden Forest.

Grapefruit said...

What? I'm confused. There is already a stamp waiting for you? I'll definitely have to research this. Sounds like something my kids would love! (Which HP book is she on now?)

Grapefruit said...

PS...Did you end up reading Little Women?

AED said...

How incredibly cute!!!

neffie said...

Glad you guys had fun! I believe Kim and I will be making one too. And when we go to the coast we're going to go on a hunt. So... I guess it's not only a kid thing.... LOL