Saturday, May 31, 2008

Haircut and piano recital



Yesterday was a big day for us. First thing in the morning Lizzy decided that she wanted her hair cut. When I asked her why she said because she was tired of her brother pulling it and because she wanted to be able to brush it herself (it's hard when it's so long). So, she got her hair cut yesterday. She really likes it and said she's worried people won't know it's her because she looks so different. I think she looks cute but miss her long "princess" hair (although I would never tell her that.)
On another note...
Lizzy had her first piano recital yesterday. She has taken lessons for 3 months now and really enjoys it. She did well in the recital. She played 2 songs (the young ones play a duet with the teacher, so that's what she did.) They played at the Chapel, so we do not have photo's. Then after all the performances her teacher gave out awards, they were given for performance and attendance and practice, not all children got one. Lizzy got one for excellent performance in March. What that means is that she worked hard to learn all her assigned songs in March. That's it for now. With all the hustle and bustle I did have time to take a photo...

3 comments:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

She looks so so cute! I love her new hair cut!
Good job Liz on your recital and reward!

Traci said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new haircut! I think this is the age where it's VERY normal to want to make your own hair decisions! I remember getting my hair cut short at that age! But a warning - it was never long again ;)

2MyGirls said...

Cute haircut Lizzie! Congrats on playing in your first recital.