Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sewing room occupied

To keep busy this summer and try not to think about how hot I am all the time I have taken to spending long hours in my sewing room (with my fan b/c it kinda follows me around the house right now.) I've made capes, flower headbands, aprons and more. We have decided to make our 'Homemade Christmas' that we did last year a new annual tradition. I have been working on Lizzy's Christmas present because first, it's going to take me a long time and secondly because when the baby's born I'm not sure how much time I will have. I am making her all sorts of hair things, bows, headbands, and some very cool other hair ideas I have found online. I have pictures of much of what I've been doing here to share...


Oh, and I have a few friends that sell hair accessories.
Check out their blogs:

Rachel and Susan (twins) and running a "bowtique": http://www.sistersbowtique.blogspot.com/

And for super nice flower headbands check out Posy : http://posyforhipchicks.blogspot.com/



Here are some aprons I have made for friends, most of them
provided or paid for their own fabric, I only sewed them.






A cape I made for Corben's birthday - he asked his mom if he could wear it to bed.





An outfit I made for Liz (for under $3!!!)







A change purse we made out of a used Dole juice container.





The rest is Lizzy's Christmas present thus far.






9 comments:

McCrazys said...

How cute! I didn't know you had sewing talent too! Holy smokes is there anything you can't do?

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

WOW BEC!!!! These are really good!!!!

You should submit the dole change purse on tip junkie!! I wanna make one! Liz' out fit is super cute too!! LOVE IT!

LAURA said...

those are adorable bows! great job, that's such a good idea to have homemade christmas.

AED said...

Julia just LOVES the apron you made for her too! Do you have a picture of her in it? Liz is such a princess!!

Grapefruit said...

Becca, you are amazing. Seriously. I can't believe how good you are sewing. Making purses out of Dole containers? Aprons? Capes? I don't even know what to say. So impressive and so beyond anything I'd even dare to try! You are so creative. I know Liz will love the hair stuff. What little girl wouldn't? Especially hand made by her mom!

SuburbiaMom said...

Cute stuff, Becca. You are right about having less time once the baby is born!

Becca said...

Alright, you are WAY too talented Becca! I need to pick your brain one of these days. Very cute stuff!

Amanda said...

Love what Phil did with that picture of Corben, much better than the messy floor of his bedroom! Can you send that to me?!

neffie said...

Very creative girl! I'm loving that change purse. I wish I had a sewing room, I have to grab whatever corner I can find.

Have you tried a deconstruction project? I just finished mine, I took a couple pair of pants - took them apart - and used them as materials for a skirt and purse. I'm sure you can come up with something creative with clothes that the kids have grown out of.

I LOVE homemade Christmas. She's going to love what you're making her, I just know it!