Friday, October 9, 2009

Wide Owl Eyes


It was a typical evening with the family. Tonight Lizzy wanted to read to me. She chose a book called, "How to behave and why." She was about to start a new chapter entitled, "Wise." She looked at the picture and started laughing hysterically. "Mom, this is so funny, you have to look at this picture," she said through her giggles. I looked. It was a picture of an owl. I told her that owls are considered wise. Then I wondered out loud, "Why?" And she answered, "Because of their wide eyes mom." I said, "No dear, WISE, not wide." She responded with, "No, mom, it's because of their WIDE eyes." We went back and forth on this for a few minutes, I kept wondering if there was something wrong with her hearing. Finally, frustrated with me she explained, "Mom, because owls have big eyes they can see more things which makes them wise." Phil then piped in, "She showed us."

Hmmm, maybe I need to open my eyes a little wider so I can become more wise!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute, but you've never thought about that before? I came to the same conclusion as Liz

AED said...

My eyes are already wider! Thanks, Liz!! ;)

Grapefruit said...

Speaking of reading...call me because I need to talk to you about the Worst Witch. Hello? Harry Potter!

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

She is so smart! Always thinking outside the box! Love you Lizzy!!

Kim said...

And they can turn their necks much farther too. This is really cute! It was SO fun to see you today!

Lynsi said...

Lizzy the wise one!
HOpe you are loving Oregon!