Sunday, May 2, 2010

Robot Arm

Here's a quick update:

Sam is in a cast. I was gone (out with my visiting teacher) when it happened. He jumped off Lizzy's bed and dislocated his elbow. I took him to the ER and now he has what he calls a
ROBOT ARM.





Liz ran in a race yesterday. Here's a few photo's: (she did her own hair, don't you love the '80's sweatband?)







Also, I took off the quote part on my blog but here's a few good ones:

A few days ago Liz was in trouble and ran to her room. I opened her door and she said, "I'm unavailable right now!"

A few nights later at bedtime Phil tucked her in and was leaving the room when she said, "But daddy, I'm feeling forlorn and scared."

We were at a baptism a few weeks ago and when the baptized girl left to change her clothes Sam asked, "Where'd Violet go?" I said, "To get changed." He thought about it and a bit confused he asked, "To change her diaper?"

That's it for updates right now.

7 comments:

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

At least Sam has a smile on his face. He was so cute showing me his Robot Arm! Like he thought it was super cool!

Liz is getting so tall! Great action shot of her running!

Love the quotes! The kids crack me up! Tell them I miss them!

Lynsi said...

Love the quotes, especially the diaper one...that's hilarous! Great Job Lizzy on your race! You look amazing Becca!

Grapefruit said...

I'm feeling forlorn and scared...are MY kids supposed to be talking like that?

regina said...

poor boy... it looks like he has made the most of it though.

go lizzy on your race! and love the hair too!

love the quotes too.

Kim said...

Poor Sam ~ that kind of thing almost always happens when you're not at home. I'm glad Liz had a great, or rather an awesome, race! And I love the quotes!!

AED said...

At least Sam sees his cast as being cool or interesting. It's awesome that you guys are such great role models for the importance of exercise to your kids.

MarySue said...

Dear friend Becca-Kirby wanted me to thank you for your continued support. He and I miss you and our chats very much. Happy day wishes