Sunday, August 17, 2008

Breaking Dawn Party --- SPOILER ALERT

Vampires and Werewolves and Edward...Oh my!

A few days ago I hosted a party to discuss Stephenie Meyer's book Breaking Dawn in the Twilight series. It was a lot of fun and nice to talk about the book. After I finished the book I felt like I wanted to talk about it with someone.
I decorated the living room in white Christmas lights, just like Alice likes to decorate. We had bleeding heart cupcakes (hearts with oozing cherry filling), vampire fruit punch, and my friend Allison even brought deviled eggs (Bella craved eggs in her pregnancy.) We did trivia on the first 3 books to see what we remembered. Anyone know the river Bella and Edward cross to get to the Cullen's house? OK, we decided that one was not very important. But some of them were fun anyhow. Like how old is Carisle? Try 362 years old.
After we were finished talking about the book I wanted to re-read the series. I almost e-vited Stephenie Meyer just for fun because, well she lives about 10-15 minutes from my house, but well, then I would just have to admit that I really am a crazed fan.

3 comments:

Allison said...

Oohh! Put a spoiler alert on your post. The eggs thing would ruin it for people that haven't read it. It was such a fun party, thanks so much for putting it together.

neffie said...

Yay, you used the white light idea! It sounds like it turned out awesome. :-)

MarySue said...

I read all 4 books while I was in Oregon. What fun your book group must have had. You're neat.