Friday, October 17, 2008

Proof that yelling in the shower is more effective than deep breathing.

When we become mothers generally we learn patience because, well, it kinda comes with the package. When we lose our patience we each have different ways of trying to regain our composition and face the world (A.K.A. the kids!) Some people take long showers, others listen to relaxing music. I prefer to run. Today my frustration was escalating quickly. All morning I was breathing deeply in then out, trying to help me relax. The last button was pushed at 10:30 a.m. (yes, I know that's early for a last button!) I got in the shower and did something I never have before (in the shower, that is), I screamed at the top of my lungs!
Needless to say, I am feeling much better now.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds like we need to go buy some ice cream.

Grapefruit said...

Becca, if you would just eat more junk food, it would help. I'm speaking from experience here!

Nancy said...

Ha Ha....maybe you're on to something with that!!

Becca said...

Haha...I should try that. I'm all for eating the ice cream :)