Monday, September 29, 2008

1st Birthday Fun!





We celebrated Sam's first birthday this weekend. My mom flew in on Thursday and then on Saturday a little bit before the party we had unexpected guests...grandma & grandpa from Oregon! Sam enjoyed cake and then we all went swimming. He got lots of presents, I guess it makes up for the last year of playing with sissy's barbies. His favorite toy was the gift sis bought him with her own money, a little squishy basketball. But somehow it does not surprise me that he liked the $1 toy the best. Here's some photo's.

5 comments:

Grapefruit said...

Did he really just go at the cake with a fork? First it was whole milk at 11 months...then it was chicken nuggets a week shy of 12 months...and now he's stuffing cake in his mouth with a fork. And I quote, "My pet peeve is parents who give their kids junk food."

:)

MARY IN SCOTLAND said...

He looks so BIG! These pics are making me miss Sam!!!
He's super cute, and has the best smile.
I love the fork! He's so smart!!

Chredna said...

Happy Birthday Sam!

MarySue said...

Wow, what a fast year. You just moved here right before Sams birth. Hope it's been good.

McCrazys said...

Cute little birthday boy!

P.S. I love Grapefruit's comment about the no junk food. =)I think of that quote every time I give my kids french fries... at least once a week. J/k