Friday, September 19, 2008

Going bAck to school...

NO, not to learn, to HELP.
Some day I think I want to teach. The question has always been what grades do I want to teach? Swiftly followed by the question would I be any good, which remains to be seen. The grades I am most interested in are either Kindergarten or High School History.
A few years ago I was a substitute teacher at Lizzy's pre-school. The kindergarten was always my favorite. So, I decided to volunteer in Lizzy's Kindergarten class this year. I also decided to volunteer with the high school speech and debate team. They typically need judges for their tournaments. And I did this all through high school and some in college and LOVED it. Yesterday I was both with Kindergartner's and with High School kids. I smiled so much the kids probably thought I was a little loony. I think I could have stayed in both classes all day and some. I enjoyed myself immensely. However, I was not teaching, only helping and observing. I am hoping this year of volunteering will help me come to a decision as to what grade I want to teach when the time comes. Right now though I have no more insight except that I really do enjoy a classroom setting where I am not the one doing the homework.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Maybe you do need to go bAck to school did you notice you left out the A in back? LOL I've done that before!